Healthcare workers are on the front lines fighting the COVID-19 outbreak, day in and day out. These brave individuals are our neighbors, relatives and friends.
Let’s show them that they are appreciated! We found a few simple ways that you can show your appreciation and thanks. We encourage you to participate in one or more of the initiatives below and then tell us about it.
Show us how you are getting involved
Did you participate in one of the suggestions below? Tell us about it!
Spread the word and encourage others to participate in this movement!
1. Show your support with a Ribbon
Blue Ribbon Campaign – Beaumont Health
Beaumont has hung blue ribbons throughout their campuses to show support for front-line staff working to treat, screen, test and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Show your support for these heroes by hanging a blue ribbon of your own.
White Ribbon Project – Henry Ford Health System
Show your support for all first responders to the COVID-19 crisis with a White Ribbon. Display a white ribbon outside your home or place a white ribbon image in your front window to let all individuals working to keep you safe know that you have their backs. Click here to download a white ribbon that you can carefully cut out and display.
2. Light up the night to say thank you
Shine a Light – Home Beams for Health Care Teams
To honor and recognize all the heath care heroes working together to battle COVID-19, Beaumont Health is launching, “Home Beams for Health Care Teams.” Every evening at 8 p.m., beginning March 31, families are encouraged to step outside their front door and shine a flashlight toward their nearest hospital to show support for health care heroes across Southeast Michigan.
Display a Blue Porch Light
Families are also encouraged to swap out their porch light with a blue lightbulb as a sign of support for health care heroes and first responders.
3. Send a message of thanks and encouragement
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is asking you to show your gratitude by sending in a photo, video or message of emotional support and thanks! Use hashtag #youareremarkable to share your support.
- Tag Beaumont Health and use the hashtag #HealthCareHeroes to share photos or videos of you and your family sharing well wishes for our health care team.
- E-greetings: Send an online greeting to the Beaumont team. Messages will be displayed online for team members to view.
4. Get the kids involved
- Drawings and artwork: Draw a picture to thank the team for their bravery and dedication; email the artwork to Beaumont ([email protected]) and it will be shared with our health care team and might also be shared online. You can also post your picture online, tag Beaumont Health and use the #HealthCareHeroes hashtag.
- Beau the Bear superhero coloring page: Print the picture, color it and display it in your window.