Last week, we posted a list of the most dangerous intersections in Michigan, and this week, we’re looking at the most dangerous roundabouts.
Personally, I don’t care for roundabouts. I always get nervous when it’s my turn to get into a roundabout. I would much rather have a traffic light! If you’re like me, you’ll probably want to stay away from some of the most dangerous roundabouts in Michigan.
A recent report put together by personal injury firm Michigan Auto Law compiles the most dangerous roundabouts in Michigan, using data from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit. As it turns out, some of Michigan’s most dangerous intersections in 2020 are in the Detroit area.
Here’s the top 10, via Michigan Auto Law:
- 1. 18 1/2 MILE RD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 131 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- 2. MARTIN PKWY @ N PONTIAC TRL, Commerce Twp, 110 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- 3. ORCHARD LAKE RD @ 14 MILE RD, Farmington Hills, 89 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- 4. STATE RD @ W ELLSWORTH RD, Ann Arbor, 69 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- 5. FARMINGTON RD @ W MAPLE RD, West Bloomfield Twp, 43 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- 6. FARMINGTON RD @ W 14 MILE RD, Farmington Hills, 37 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- 7. OAKLEY PARK RD @ MARTIN PKWY, Commerce Twp, 37 Total Crashes, 0 Injuries
- 8. LIVERNOIS RD @ W HAMLIN RD, Rochester Hills, 35 Total Crashes, 5 Injuries
- 9. LEE RD @ WHITMORE LAKE RD (WEST of US 23), Green Oak Twp, 35 Total Crashes, 2 Injuries
- 10. SPRINKLE RD @ CORK ST (NORTH OF I 94), Kalamazoo, 33 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
Find the most dangerous intersections here.