More than 80 vendors are open for business this week at the annual Detroit food truck bonanza.
According to Fox 2 News, Downtown Street Eats rolls back into Detroit this week, beginning on May 16. The program goes on from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is hosted by the Downtown Detroit Partnership.
This annual event attracts some 2,500 people every day, making it Michigan’s largest food truck rally. This will be the program’s 10th season in Detroit.
“Food is an important part of how we celebrate our shared and unique cultural identities and the Downtown Street Eats program is an environment where businesses can thrive and express themselves while serving a broad range of visitors,” said David Cowan, chief public spaces officer for the DDP. Every day there is a special lineup of meals in addition to the dozens of food trucks available. Here’s what’s on the list for the next five days:
- Monday, May 16 – Lemonade & Beyond + Los Dos Amigos + Smoke Ring BBQ + Stix & Stone Pizza
- Tuesday, May 17 – Little Brothers Burgers + B.L. Ellis Catering + House of Mac + Impasto
- Wednesday, May 18 – Lemonade & Beyond + Los Dos Amigos
- Thursday, May 19 – Rolling Stone Wood Fired Pizza
- Friday, May 20 – House of Mac + Little Brothers Burgers + Los Dos Amigos
Since Detroit began allowing food trucks to operate in new areas, this is the first food truck event in the city. It also restricts vendors from selling food in some areas.
A full list of food truck events scheduled this summer can be found here.
The food trucks can be found at Cadillac Square and the Woodward Esplanade.