In this Ericaism, Erica Campbell explains why the “magic” part of #BlackGirlMagic isn’t the best choice of words. Magic is synonymous with some pretty intense words, like sorcery, witchcraft, voodooism and more. Instead, Erica suggests, a word like “glory” is a great replacement for “magic.”
Words have power; God created the earth with words. There is a trickery implied in the word “magic,” and Erica says she’s not trying to trick anybody. She wants everybody to know exactly what it is: the glory of God. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- John Gray: “I Draw The Line When People Disrespect My Wife”
- Report: Criminal Charges Dropped Against Jussie Smollett
- Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation? [[VIDEO]]
- Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union And More Dance In The Name Of Unity
- Win Tickets to Tyler Perry’s “Madea’s Farewell” Play!
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Allergies Can’t Keep GRIFF Down [VIDEO]
- Taraji P. Henson: ‘If You Are A Christian, Then You Do What Jesus Did’ [[VIDEO]]
- Are Your Kids Putting Your Retirement At Risk?
- Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, Makes A Big Donation To Flint Students
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Listening To Today’s Hip-Hop Music [VIDEO]