April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Rest In Heaven: Kim Porter Dead At 47
- Mr. Griffin: Breaking Free From Situations You Can’t Change [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: LeBron James Earns A New Title, Harlem Powerball Winner To Give Back To Veterans & More
- WIN Tickets to see Michelle Obama!
- Ericaism: Someone Is Praying For You [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: GQ Crowns Serena Williams “Woman Of The Year,” “School Daze” Turns 30 & More
- How Pastor Marvin Winans Is Creating A Space For Men & Women To Work Together [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Serena Williams’ GQ Cover Sparks Outrage – But Was It Warranted?
- All The Ways Michelle Obama Has Thrown Shade at Trump
- Love Talking: Be Honest About The Little Things [VIDEO]
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com