Aretha Franklin’s funeral on Friday, August 31st will be a day of special performances dedicated to the Queen of Soul. Rev. Jasper Williams Jr. spoke to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about giving the eulogy for Franklin and how honored he is. Williams and Franklin’s family grew up in the same neighborhood and they were friends for many years.
One thing many people didn’t know was that Franklin would call churches and pastors as well as help their ministries. Williams said, “No one knew she was a giving spirit.” People continue to ask Williams how he will eulogize Franklin and right now he doesn’t have any answers. He’s asking everyone just to pray for him as he prepares to deliver the message and let us in on a secret that Dottie Peoples will sing at the funeral.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Get Up! News Roundup: Spelman College Receives $30 Million Donation, Janet Jackson To Be Inducted Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame & More
- How Pushing Boundaries Has Helped Deitrick Haddon Fulfill His Purpose [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Donnie McClurkin Hospitalized After Serious Car Accident
- Jazz Legend, Nancy Wilson Has Passed At The Age of 81
- Bishop Edgar L. Vann “I Did It to Myself: True Confessions of an Overachiever”
- Reach Out: Why Me? Part Two
- Take Control: Home Buying Projections
- Get Up! News Roundup: Michelle Obama Adds Dates To Her Book Tour, Robert Townsend Wants To Create “The Five Heartbeats” Broadway Play & More
- Oprah Opens Up About Her Final Moments With Mother
- Fox 2 Meteorologist Jessica Starr Has Passed Away