First let’s define “Club Sandwich Generation.”
From LivHome.com here are some examples:
- A grandmother caring for grandchildren while the parents work.
- Grandparents providing after-school care for grandchildren while caring for sick husbands or wives.
- A woman taking care of her elderly mother while also caring for her grandchildren after school while her husband has Alzheimer’s disease.
- Women caring for a grown child who has fallen ill or has a developmental disability, while also caring for an aging parent and spouse or sibling.
If you find yourself in this situation, LivHome.com gives these tips:
- Caring for oneself can protect health and well-being and avoid the illnesses that can develop from stress and fatigue.
- Practicing good nutrition, even on busy days, and getting a good night’s sleep are priorities.
- It can be impossible to take a day off or schedule a spa day, but eating and sleeping well are critical to maintaining the strength and health needed to remain a caregiver.
- Also, consider a geriatric care manager. “Trained professionals that can help with health care, housing, financial and legal issues, referrals, care plans, transitions of care and more.”
Black Love: Marsha Ambrosius’ Family Photos Are Giving Us All The Feels
1. 2018 Essence Festival New Orleans ConcertSource:WENN 1 of 9
2.2 of 9
3.3 of 9
4.4 of 9
5.5 of 9
6.6 of 9
7.7 of 9
8.8 of 9
9.9 of 9
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise Detroit On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!