Now that the Thanksgiving feasts have come to an end, the holiday party season is upon us! One of our favorite stylists and grooming experts, Jenny Balding fromNYC’s Cutler/Redken Salon, shares three 15-minute festive do’s for your holiday soirees that can easily be created on the go, even in the office powder room!
- You’re pressed for time before a party and need a chic, modern look—fast! A fixture on the runway this season, the high ponytail is ideal for long hair, and even better for when hair is greasy as it looks sleek instead of unkempt. Use a straightening iron to smooth hair from mid length to the ends and then gather up into a ponytail right above the nape of your neck, which will enhance your cheekbones. To finish, brush from top to tail and mist all over with a strong hold hairspray like Redken Control Addict 28. Voilà! An instant facelift!
- If you want to vamp up your look before a night on the town, sweep your hair into a faux bob. This style works best for wavy hair, jaw-length or longer and is a great alternative to a basic blow out. Tie your hair into a low, slightly loose ponytail and then fold the tail up and tuck underneath at the nape of your neck. Pin using a few large bobby pins. Gently loosen a few strands around your hairline and in minutes you have an elegant, new look for the evening.
- Hair feeling flat and limp after a long day at work? Give it some life with Redken Powder Refresh 01. Spray all over starting at the roots and massage lightly with your fingers throughout. Backcomb a few small sections at the crown and hairline to create a little extra volume. Finally, mist all over with a light hairspray like Redken Fashion Work 12. This will give your hair a quick, all-over volume boost before you head out to a holiday bash.
I think you’re all set now. Oh wait… you’re probably stuck on what to wear!?
Check out some of our holiday tips here:
Unboxed: 12 Awesome Beauty Gifts For Your BFF
1. Caboodles Rock Star Grande Train Case ($25.02)Source: 1 of 11
2. Conair Relaxing Foot Bath with Bubbles & Heat, Blue ($14)Source: 2 of 11
3. Bundle Monster New 15pc Pro Makeup Eye Shadow Brush Set ($18.75)Source: 3 of 11
4. DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau de Parfum Spray, 0.5 fl oz ($19.11)Source: 4 of 11
5. Hard Candy Top Ten Eye Shadow ($6)Source: 5 of 11
6. My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Facial Mask, 10 count ($13.75)Source: 6 of 11
7. Neutrogena Wave Sonic 2 Speed Spin Power Cleanser, 1ct ($14.97)Source: 7 of 11
8. Olay Regenerist Skin Care Starter Trio ($33.97)Source: 8 of 11
9. Spa Sonic Skin Care System Face & Body Polisher, 7pc Pro Kit ($39.99)Source: 9 of 11
10. Sparks of Beauty 4 Step Facial Skin Care System Specially for Oily Skin ($52.84)Source: 10 of 11
11. Arezia Make Up Kit ($38.58)Source: 11 of 11
Found It: The Perfect 15-Minute Holiday Hairstyles was originally published on hellobeautiful.com