0 reads Leave a comment
A baby in Alaska defied science when she was born healthy at 35 weeks to a brain-dead woman. It was previously believed that babies could not be carried to term if a mother with no brain activity was in the early stages of pregnancy.
Jessie Avagalria, 29, suffered a heart attack and seizure in January; doctors discovered Avagalria was 12 weeks pregnant at the time. The mother was declared brain-dead, but the family decided to put Avagalria on life support to preserve the life of the child. The family also signed a DNR so that Avagalria would not suffer.
The baby, named Faith, was delivered by C-section 23 weeks after her mother was declared brain-dead. She is in the care of family. Avagalria, unfortunately, never regained brain activity reportsFox 23.
Make sure to read:
- California Judge Rules Death Penalty Unconstitutional
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu: ‘I Am In Favor Of Assisted Dying’
- WATCH: 16-YEAR-OLD Opens World’s First Sneaker Pawn Shop
- Knowing Your Government: What Does The National Guard Do?
- Maryland Elected Official Willing To Go To Jail For Right To Pray Before Meetings
Make sure that you like and share this story with family and friends!
Amazing! Healthy Baby Girl Born 23 Weeks after Mother Declared Brain-Dead was originally published on elev8.com