Rising star and highly regarded 2016 wide recover Donnie Corley is reportedly transferring from Wyandotte Roosevelt High School to attend Martin Luther King High School and play under head coach Dale Harvell.
Allen Trieu of Scout.com and Branden Hunter of Rivals.com, reported the news of Corley’s decision to transfer on Twitter, early Tuesday evening.
Highly-regarded 2016 WR Donnie Corley will play at Detroit King this Fall: recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c…—
Allen Trieu (@AllenTrieu) August 05, 2014
It's out now. Yes 2016 WR Donnie Corley is at Detroit King now officially. Family moved a few miles away. Is eligible to play right away.—
Branden Hunter (@JustCallmeBHunt) August 05, 2014
If you haven’t already figured it out, this is obviously great news for an already loaded and talented King Crusader football team that includes great players like 2015 linebacker Tyriq Thompson, MSU commit and 2015 lineman Kyonta Stallworth, 2016 linebacker and defensive end Leon Page and 2016 athlete Dontre Boyd, along many others.
Now that they have added Corley, I have to say I think the Crusaders are even more talented and lethal going in the 2014 season. You have to remember that coming into King, Corley is a highly regarded athlete, who already has great size and skill and since he will be able to play immediately, it probably won’t take long for him to make an impact on both sides of the ball, but especially at wide receiver.
At 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds, Corley may be lean and still have some things to work on, but there is no doubt that he has the great hands and overall athleticism to make any corner-back look silly in one-on-one coverage.
If that’s not enough, I am also really excited to see the connection between Corley and King’s 2016 quarterback Mikale Washington. At 6-foot-4 and 180 pounds, Washington already has the great size and arm strength to make plenty of plays with his arm and now that he has another athletic receiver with great hands and size like Corley, there is no telling what kind of damage they could do together.
If you ask me, I think they have the potential to be one of the top high school quarterback/wide receiver duos, both in the Detroit PSL and in the state of Michigan.
Keep in mind that this isn’t just a great grab for the King football program, this is also great move for Corley. Over the last few months, Corley has really come into his own and colleges have already begun taking notice. In fact, he already holds offers from Ohio, Cincinnati, Illinois, Iowa and Eastern Michigan and he has even started his junior year yet.
That being said, I can almost guarantee you that Corley will only continue to get better and earn more offers while playing under head coach Dale Harvell and his great coaching staff.
Think about it, over the years, King’s football program has produced so much great talent that I can’t even keep up. Nevertheless, no one can deny that King knows how to develop and enhance the overall skill set of their players and most importantly, they know how to help them get to the next level and gain a free education. If you just look at some of their recent play-makers, like Avonte Maddox who is now at Pittsburgh, Dennis Norfleet who is at Michigan and Omari McCauley who is at Ferris State, you will see exactly what I am talking about. Which is why I once again say that this is great move Corley, because during his next two years at King, not only will Corley continue grow into a better player but he will also continue grow into a great overall young man and gain more great opportunities to play the game he loves and earn a free education.
I don’t know about you but I am excited to see some King football, and if your smart, you will hurry to see them in action this season.
Written by LBeasley (Lauren Beasley), Sports Contributor for Radio One Detroit
For more of L-Beasley’s (Lauren Beasley) sports news and in-depth sports content, click here.
Celebrity NFL Fans
1. 1. Dwyane Wade also is a Chicago Bears fan, pictured here with the Chicago Bliss.1 of 25
2. 2. T.I. loves the Atlanta Falcons (Photo: AP)2 of 25
3. 3. Drake's favorite team is also the Atlanta Falcons. (Photo: AP)3 of 25
4. 4. Kenan Thompson also is a fan of the Falcons (Photo: PR Photos)4 of 25
5. 5. Brian McKnight is a Buffalo Bills fan. (Photo: PR Photos)5 of 25
6. 6. President Barack Obama cheers for the Chicago Bears. (Official White House Photo6 of 25
7. 7. Condoleezza Rice is a Cleveland Browns fan. (Photo: AP)7 of 25
8. 8. Jamie Foxx loves the Dallas Cowboys. (Photo: PR Photos)8 of 25
9. 9. LeBron James also is a Dallas Cowboy fan. (Photo: AP)9 of 25
10. 10. Don King is a Detroit Lions fan. (Photo: AP)10 of 25
11. 11. Jennifer Lopez loves the Miami Dolphins (Photo: AP)11 of 25
12. 12. Darius Rucker also is a Miami Dolphins fan. (Photo: AP)12 of 25
13. 13. Minnesota Vikings is the team Lil Wayne loves.(Photo: AP)13 of 25
14. 14. Aaron Neville supports his home team the New Orleans Saints (Photo: AP)14 of 25
15. 15. Denzel Washington is a fan of the New York Jets.(Photo: AP)15 of 25
16. 16. Jay Z will is also a fan of the New York Jets.(Photo: AP)16 of 25
17. 17. Ice Cube loves him some Oakland Raiders (Photo: AP)17 of 25
18. 18. Tiger Woods also is an Oakland Raiders fan.(Photo: AP)18 of 25
19. 19. It's the Philadelphia Eagles for Will Smith. (Photo: AP)19 of 25
20. 20. 50 Cent is also a big fan of the Philadelphia Eagles.(Photo: AP)20 of 25
21. 21. Snoop dogg is a Pittsburg Steelers fan.(Photo: AP)21 of 25
22. 22. Wiz Khalifa is also a Pittsburg Steelers fan.(Photo: AP)22 of 25
23. 23. Nelly, of course if a fan of the St. Louis Rams.(Photo: AP)23 of 25
24. 24. Anthony Anderson cheers for the Washington Redskins(Photo: AP)24 of 25
25. 25. Wanda Sykes is also a Washington Redskins fan.(Photo: AP)25 of 25
Report: Wyandotte Roosevelt 2016 WR Donnie Corley Transfers To Detroit King was originally published on wchbnewsdetroit.com