While most actresses would love to be referred to as a “sex symbol”, the title has been a blessing and a curse for Meagan Good. “The Minority Report” star has said that oftentimes she wasn’t taken for a serious actress because of her sultry image. (via: MyPraiseATL)
At age 34, she finally seems to be coming into her own and scoring leading roles in Hollywood. Yet and still, what she chooses to wear on a red carpet or in a photo shoot continues to receive backlash because of who she’s married to. Since Meagan wed film executive and minister DeVon Franklin in 2012, critics often say she needs to dress a certain way because she’s a “preacher’s wife”.
That way of thinking was recently reiterated while Meagan and DeVon were promoting their new book, “The Wait”. It was standing room only at One Church international in Los Angeles as the Franklin’s answered questions about their New York Times Best Selling book on celibacy. While most of the questions were heartfelt and people truly wanted their take on relationships, dating and waiting, one woman was out for blood.
“This is not offensive, but I was at the grocery store and I looked at a newsstand and saw you — and your had your breast showing” began the woman.
“So, I wasn’t gonna come here, I wasn’t, but the Lord brought me here to see you. You are a beautiful young woman and your testimony is awesome.”
She added, “The Lord let me come and push past the judgement, because you have to make sure what you say and what you do match up, you understand? So, we’re gonna cover up, right?”
As Meagan began to get emotional, DeVon jumped in to defend his wife.
“Wait a minute — no! That is not what we’re here for. She’s not gonna cover up, she gon’ wear what she wants to wear in the name of Jesus…amen. Amen? Amen. Yes she will! God bless you, we love you, I love you dearly but she has been as Christian as she is right now when she wore whatever she wanted to wear, so no we ain’t doing that!”
He added, “Y’all about to see another Devon that y’all ain’t never seen! Remember, I’m from Oakland now!”
The woman was promptly escorted out of the event. Click here to watch the video.
Married Couples Club: Celebrating Black Love
1. Pooch and Linda HallSource:PR Photos 1 of 31
2. Ice Cube and KimberlySource:PR Photos 2 of 31
3. Laila Ali and Curtis ConwaySource:Instagram 3 of 31
4. Niecy Nash and Jay TuckerSource:Instagram 4 of 31
5. Tia and Corey Hardict5 of 31
6. Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert6 of 31
7. Mary J. Blige and Kendu Issacs7 of 31
8. David and Tamela Mann8 of 31
9. Morris Chestnut and his wife9 of 31
10. Shannon and Monica Brown10 of 31
11. Mellody Hobson and George Lucas11 of 31
12. Terry and Rebecca Crews12 of 31
13. Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha13 of 31
14. LeBron and Savannah James14 of 31
15. Lala and Carmelo Anthony15 of 31
16. Tisha Campbell and Duane Martin16 of 31
17. Devon Franklin and Meagan Good17 of 31
18. Tamia and Grant Hill18 of 31
19. Denzel and Pauletta Washington19 of 31
20. Keisha and Omar Epps20 of 31
21. Bill & Camille Cosby21 of 31
22. Alfre Woodward and Roderick Spencer22 of 31
23. Angela Bassett and Courtney Vance23 of 31
24. Jada and Will Smith24 of 31
25. Beyonce and Jay-Z25 of 31
26. Nicole and Boris Kodjoe26 of 31
27. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz27 of 31
28. Tiny and T.I.28 of 31
29. Rodney Peete & Holly Robinson Peete29 of 31
30. Samuel L. Jackson & Latanya Richardson30 of 31
31. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis31 of 31
Get “The Yolanda Adams Morning Show”
Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise 102.7 On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!