Congressman John Lewis and fellow Democrats have taken a stand until suspected terrorists are prevented from purchasing deadly weapons:
No Bill, No Break!
Georgia native and Activist Lewis has proved that the spirit of Civil Rights is not gone nor forgotten and from the sound of things, they will not be moved:
41 Democrats have declared “to occupy the floor of the House until there is action.”
You can not watch the protest on TV as the House is not formally in session. Rep. Scott Peters, D-California, has been using Periscope, to share live video of the sit-in.
Many House Members are sounding off on Twitter:
Give us a vote! Let us vote! We came here to do our job, we came here to work! The American people are demanding action.
#holdthefloor-Rep. John Lewis
Official Hashtags: #NoBillNoBreak, #NOMORESILENCE and #goodtrouble
Every Time President Obama Has Addressed A Mass Shooting In His Presidency
1. Fort Hood Shooting - November 5, 2009Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Tucson Shooting - January 8, 2011Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Aurora Shooting - July 20, 2012Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Sikh Temple Shooting - August 5, 2012Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Sandy Hook Shooting - December 14, 2012Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Navy Yard Shooting - September 16, 2013Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Second Fort Hood Shooting - April 2, 2014Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Kansas Jewish Community Shooting - April 13, 2014Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Charleston Emanuel AME Shooting - June 17, 2015Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Chattanooga Recruiting Center Shooting - July 16, 2015Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Umpqua Community College Shooting - October 1, 2015Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. San Bernardino - December 2, 2015Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Orlando Pulse Shooting - June 12, 2016Source:Getty 13 of 13
Congressman John Lewis Leads Sit-In on the House Floor until Gun Legislation is Passed [VIDEO] was originally published on wchbnewsdetroit.com