Don Jackson, founder of the Stellar Awards and chairman of Central City Productions told Billboard that he is, “excited about the announcement” of his Stellar TV cable network,” projected to launch later this year. Stellar TV will be dedicated to broadcasting gospel music entertainment, and faith-based programming.
Although the Stellar Awards ceremony has come a long way since 1970 and is now known as “The Grammy’s of Gospel,” Jackson admits he still has difficulty convincing major broadcast stations to air the show.
But that hasn’t stopped him from finding smart ways to attract more people.
Jackson said, “This year, we are purposely airing [the awards] over Easter weekend, the biggest faith-based holiday in the country to attract an even larger audience.” Adding a new channel could be an innovative way to give artists another useful outlet to promote their music and share inspiration with a broader audience base.
RED CARPET RUNDOWN: 32nd Annual Stellar Awards
1. ERICA CAMPBELLSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. TAMELA MANNSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. TASHA COBBSSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. CHENETA JONESSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. BRI (BRIANNA BABINEAUX)Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. LEXISource:Getty 6 of 15
7. JONATHAN MCREYNOLDSSource:Getty 7 of 15
8. CHERYL FORTUNESource:Getty 8 of 15
9. MARCUS D. WILEYSource:Getty 9 of 15
10. FRED HAMMOND AND GUESTSource:Getty 10 of 15
11. MAJORSource:Getty 11 of 15
12. JOE DOUGLAS & SPIRIT OF PRAISESource:Getty 12 of 15
13. LORETTA DEVINESource:Getty 13 of 15
14. CASSANDRA CLEVELAND ROBINSONSource:Getty 14 of 15
15. ANGEL TAYLORSource:Getty 15 of 15
Text “Praise” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and inspirational news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE Praise 102.7 On Facebook To Keep Up With your favorite Gospel Artists!