Sometimes, blending in is the best way to stand out. The concept may sound oxymoronic, but when it comes to rocking monochromatic outfits, it makes perfect sense. Pulling off wearing the same (or similar colors) from head to toe is no small feat. The effort it takes to pull off the look, alone, will grab attention.
Follow Me at @AprilWattsLive For More Fashion Ideas & Style Tips
In a room full of color blocking, pattern mixing and pops of color—all on trend—going against the grain is sure to get notice.
I love earth tones but I have to say taupe is probably my favorite neutral. I fell in love with the Burberry Orchard Heritage Satchel and built my outfit around it. I lucked up and found a great day-dress and satin lace-up sandals at BCBG. While the look is soft and unassuming, it’s guaranteed to draw all eyes on you.
This look would be great for anything from a daytime wedding to brunch with your beau.
TIP: When attempting the monochromatic look, it isn’t necessary but it helps to shop the same brand or designer as they offer several articles of clothing in the same color.
PHOTO SOURCE: Rodney Choice / April Watts
Who Was Haute And Who Was Not At The 2017 Met Gala
1. The Met Ball 2017 theme was Comme De Garcons, the work of avant-garde designer Rei Kawakubo, who Pharell’s wife Helen is wearing.1 of 22
2. John Legend and wife Chrissy Teigen2 of 22
3. Solange in Thom Browne3 of 22
4. Wiz Khalifa is blazin’4 of 22
5. Diddy and Cassie5 of 22
6. Selena Gomez and The Weeknd6 of 22
7. Can you ID everyone in this bathroom selfie?7 of 22
8. LaLa Anthony looks gorge. She has a ring on every finger, except her ring finger!8 of 22
9. Ruby Rose and Donald Glover9 of 22
10. Rihanna stays slayin’ and on theme, too.10 of 22
11. Rita Ora11 of 22
12. Serena Williams pretty and preggers.12 of 22
13. A$AP Rocky and Ashton Sanders13 of 22
14. Mary J. Blige14 of 22
15. Naomi Campbell and British Vogue Editor-In-Chief Edward Enninful15 of 22
16. Halle Berry in Versace.16 of 22
17. Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez17 of 22
18. Jaden Smith and yes, those are his locs in his hand…18 of 22
19. Tracy Ellis Ross on theme.19 of 22
20. Janelle Monae, slay!20 of 22
21. Future in custom H&M21 of 22
22. Miss Lupita22 of 22
#LifestyledByAprilWatts: How To Stand Out In Monochromatic Outfits was originally published on elev8.com