0 reads Leave a comment
Community Organizers will hold a Rally in Solidarity for Jessie Murray, who was indicted for defending himself against attackers.
Who: The Family of Jessie Murray, The Coalition for Justice & Police Accountability, and Community Members
What: A Rally in Solidarity
Where: The rally will be held at the Clayton County Courthouse 9151 Tara Blvd. Jonesboro, GA 30238
When: The rally will take place on Tuesday, June 26th at 7pm.
Why: To bring attention to Jessie Murray’s case and the possible conflicts of interest that are apparent, (considering the relationships of witnesses and investigative team to the deceased), to pray and uplift the family of Jessie Murray and to hold officials accountable in upholding Georgia’s Stand Your Ground Law, which was adopted into Georgia’s legislature in 2006.
1) Jessie Murray was attacked by several inebriated white males on February 16, 2014. For protection, he ran to his car and retrieved his gun and placed it in his right pocket.
2) The group of attackers came outside of the bar with Nathan Adams who attempted to wrestle Jessie Murray to the ground. While in the being physically attacked by the males, Murray’s gun went off, struck and killed Adams.
3) Another attacker shot four times at Murray as he attempted to run to safety, but Murray was the only person arrested on site and taken into custody.
4) Jessie Murray was denied immunity on the grounds of the Stand Your Ground Law last year.
5) Jessie Murray’s trial began today, Monday June 26, 2017.
About the Coalition for Justice & Police Accountability: CJPA was started by several organizations and community leaders who felt the strong need to build an alliance to seek justice for citizens and hold police and elected officials accountable. Member Organizations Include: NAACP Clayton County, NAN, Revolutionary Moms Club, Let Us Make Man, Sankofa United Church of Christ, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, National Coalition to Combat Police Terrorism, SisterCARE Alliance, FTP Movement, and Save Our Selves. For more information visit: The Case of Jessie Murray & the Coalition for Justice and Police Accountability on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 27: This Day in Black Music History
20 photos Launch gallery