10 Ways To Save Money By Saving Energy
Saving money is on everyone’s mind these days as people struggle with job setbacks and cut downs during the COVID-19 pandemic; one way to save a bit on your monthly expenses is by saving energy in your home.
One way to do it is by purchasing LED bulbs. LED lights actually save you money; they use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs. By replacing your home’s five most frequently used light fixtures or bulbs with models that have earned the “Energy Star,” you can save $45 each year.
Now that we’re in the heat of summer and our air conditioners are on 24 hours a day, here are a few tips to keep your big summer energy bills a bit lower:
- Change your air filters monthly (this is easy to forget, but it can have a big effect on your bill).
- Have your heating and air system serviced annually by a licensed professional.
- Do not let weeds, leaves or other debris obstruct your outdoor air conditioning unit.
- Keep all interior doors and air vents open.
Here are even more tips can help you according to Green Mountain Energy:
- Seal gaps in windows, doors and air ducts.
- Unplug infrequently-used electronics.
- Keep your refrigerator well-stocked so it uses less energy to keep contents cold.
- Lower your water heater temperature to 120 degrees.
- Keep areas around vents clear of furniture, toys and clutter.