Man Torches Head When Hand Sanitizer Goes Up In Flames
Brian Hutchinson is currently healing from massive burn wounds that he suffered thanks to hand santizer. Per the New York Post, the taxi driver lit a lighter, and his recently sanitized hands caught fire.
They state, “As he flicked the lighter, the spark ignited a ‘fireball’ in the 42-year-old’s hands. The flame quickly spread from his hands, which were still drying from hand sanitizer, to his head, arms and legs.”
Although Hutchinson says he’s been to hell and back, he is healing. Even though the incident only lasted seconds, he’s had to undergo multiple operations and skin grafts for the past few months.
A similar incident happened in September when a woman tried to light a candle after sanitizing her hands.
The Post explains that fire experts have warned consumers to handle alcohol-based hand sanitizer with extreme caution.