Getting And Staying Motivated To Go To The Gym
So, you started that gym membership and have been less than active with your exercise routine and need a bit of motivation to get yourself to the gym each day. Here are several ideas to keep you on the path to looking and feeling better.
- Get Dressed for a Successful Workout – Find an outfit that you feel good in and comfortable.
- Get an Early Start – So many people are more productive in the morning and it’s good to get it out of the way.
- Set Goals for your Workout – They don’t have to be big goals at first but, it’s great to have something to strive for.
- Change Up Your Workouts – Don’t do the same stuff every time. Mix it up to keep it interesting.
- Build a Real Reward Into Your Workout – When you work out for all the days you plan to, gift yourself something special at the end of each week.
- Take a Break When You Need It – If your workouts are wearing you down, take a break — but define how long the break will be so you know when to come back.
- Work out with a friend who is a positive influence – Having a partner to work out with can be very motivating.
- Start at Your Own Pace – If you are starting, don’t be so hard on yourself and start at the pace you feel comfortable with.
- Reward yourself each day you workout – Do a little something special during your workout such as listening to music or watching your favorite show on an iPad or other device to keep your mind feeling good.
- There are tons of free workout and advice videos online like the one below. So it should be easy to find the best workout for your level of skills.
Sign me up for the Praise Network email newsletter!
Stay connected to all things Detroit Praise Network and join the Detroit Praise Club! As a Detroit Praise Club member, you get a VIP chance to win prizes, concert tickets, and receive updates on the latest happenings in Detroit.