Happy National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day!
I admit that I think ugly Christmas sweaters are actually kind of cute. Who doesn’t love an oversized Santa or reindeer taking over a fashion piece? I’ve been to a few ugly Christmas sweater parties, and they’re always so fun! That obviously didn’t happen this year, but hopefully there will be more in the years to come.
Here are some fun facts about ugly Christmas sweaters from UglyChristmasSweater.com. Enjoy!
Ugly Christmas Sweater Facts (via UglyChristmasSweater.com):
- An “Ugly Christmas Sweater” is any sweater with a Christmas theme that is considered bad taste, tacky, or gaudy
- Bill Cosby is considered the Father of the Ugly Christmas Sweater
- “The Cosby Show” was named after the actor/comedian Bill Cosby who wore a lot of ugly sweaters while acting
Christmas sweaters were first mass manufactured under the name “Jingle Bell Sweaters”
- The city of Vancouver, Canada claims to be the birthplace of the first ugly sweater party in 2002
- Every year at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver a party in held and the dress code is an ugly sweater affair
- Chris Boyd and Jordan Birch, are the co-founder of the Commodore’s annual ugly sweater party