It’s Giving Tuesday! What Will You Give?
GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. (GivingTuesday.org)
GivingTuesday.org gives us six ways for us to participate:
- Share kindness with your neighbors.
- Volunteer virtually or share your talents
- Give your voice to a cause that matters to you
- Discover a local fundraiser, community drive, or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back — they need your help.
- Give to your favorite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
- Sign up for weekly Tuesday giving prompts! (Subscribe by email)
Use social media to spread the word using the hashtag #GivingTuesday